Urology/Nesbit surgery

I had Congenital curvature, and later, too, acquired Peyronie's disease. Had the Nesbit surgery done 5 months ago. As I can see now, that was a mistake to me, as I have it straight now, but stetically, it doesn't even looks like a normal penis. Even there's a depression where the plaque is. I'm sure, Nesbit technique was not a solution for my case.

Do you know if, in the first months, when the sutures haven't healed at all yet, would be possible to get the operation reversed, undo... without any consequences? I will check with my doctor, but my only question is: in the soon post-operation stage, is it phisycally/medically possible to reverse the surgery and get the state of my penis to what previously to surgery was?

Thanks for your time!

It is relatively easy to remove the sutures from the Nesbit procedure but how closely it recovers to the original size is unclear since it has not been widely reported.  Another consideration might be to have a penile prosthesis placed.  This has obvious advantages and disadvantages but it can help straighten the curvature although it destroys normal erectile ability.  Talk to your urologist about this.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute