Urology/Nesbit surgery

Question
I had Congenital curvature, and later, too, acquired Peyronie's disease. Had the Nesbit surgery done 5 months ago. As I can see now, that was a mistake to me, as I have it straight now, but stetically, it doesn't even looks like a normal penis. Even there's a depression where the plaque is. I'm sure, Nesbit technique was not a solution for my case.

Do you know if, in the first months, when the sutures haven't healed at all yet, would be possible to get the operation reversed, undo... without any consequences? I will check with my doctor, but my only question is: in the soon post-operation stage, is it phisycally/medically possible to reverse the surgery and get the state of my penis to what previously to surgery was?

Thanks for your time!

Answer
Carlos:

It is relatively easy to remove the sutures from the Nesbit procedure but how closely it recovers to the original size is unclear since it has not been widely reported.  Another consideration might be to have a penile prosthesis placed.  This has obvious advantages and disadvantages but it can help straighten the curvature although it destroys normal erectile ability.  Talk to your urologist about this.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD