Urology/Penile Pain.

I am a 23 year old male.
M having pain in the shaft of penis, 0n n 0ff ,"DURING ERECTION" ,since last 2,3 months.
Pain exactly is on the lower side near the base of penis.
There isnt any pain on right side.
Usually pain vanishes once its fully erect.
Bending the penis dosent cause any pain.
No unusual discharge from penis.
I mean everything else looks fine other than that pain.
I have been masturbating quite frequently for last year or maybe more.
I also took roaccutane for 6 months(dose was'nt that high 10g per day).
Whats could possibly be causing this pain?
Is it over masturbation??

While we can't be sure about the cause of the pain, it's clearly not overmasturbation!

Peyronie's disease and prostatitis are the most likely causes.  I suggest you contact your local physician to look into this for you or consult a  urologist.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute