Urology/Penis Numb

About a week ago, my girlfriend was giving me a handjob.  Ever since then my penis has just felt numb (and not sensitive to pressure.  On inspection there appears to be some bruising around the shaft and dark patches.  I have no pain or difficulty urinating.  I only been able to get a partial erection (not full on like i used to).  Ive not been to tthe urologist as of yet but I am worried maybe I've injured my penis and have suffered nerve damage and this could lead to loss of function?  My hope is that its just scar tissue buildup or something.  Please any advice would be appreciated as Im quite scared by this.

A handjob would not be expected to cause any particular damage, but in medicine almost anything is possible.  There may be some prexisting problem or perhaps some metabolic issue like diabetes that is now presenting.  Let's see what the urologist says.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute