Urology/Penis Numb

Question
Hello,

About a week ago, my girlfriend was giving me a handjob.  Ever since then my penis has just felt numb (and not sensitive to pressure.  On inspection there appears to be some bruising around the shaft and dark patches.  I have no pain or difficulty urinating.  I only been able to get a partial erection (not full on like i used to).  Ive not been to tthe urologist as of yet but I am worried maybe I've injured my penis and have suffered nerve damage and this could lead to loss of function?  My hope is that its just scar tissue buildup or something.  Please any advice would be appreciated as Im quite scared by this.

Answer
Adam:

A handjob would not be expected to cause any particular damage, but in medicine almost anything is possible.  There may be some prexisting problem or perhaps some metabolic issue like diabetes that is now presenting.  Let's see what the urologist says.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD