Urology/pinching like pain in my penis

Question
QUESTION: Hi the Docs online. It is more than a month now that i do feel pinching like pain in my penis, like little pins. But wont feel it if i squeeze it, no any pain, no difficulty while urinating nor blood, i'm feeling fine, no problem having sex nor pain, and have taken 2 differnt type of anti biotics, priscribe by a doc yet not gone. What could this be and the likely cause pls. I have only one partner. thanks

ANSWER: Sulayman:

Its difficult ot make any reasonable diagnosis just on a single, unusual symptoms.  An infection or injury is one thought.  Another is prostatitis or scarring.  A neuropathy (nerve disorder) is another possibility.  You may want to consider a urology consultation.

QUESTION: Thanks for the other time.
I applied honey on it and noticed some changes, so i continued applying it once in a day, it kept reducing gradually and now is gone totally after 7 days. Do you suggest i should still consult a urology? You made mention of prostatitis, my dad suffered from prostate cancer before he died, and i learnt its hereditary decease. so, what do you see to it? Many Thanks!

Answer
Sulayman:

Honey has been known to be useful for a variety of skin disorders over the course of history but it is not currently used as a medical treatment.

Prostatitis does not seem to be related to prostate cancer in most men.  However, since your father died of prostate cancer, it is clearly something you should check on.  We would usually recommend a baseline checkup and PSA level at around 40 years of age.  If you at that age, then a urology consultation is warranted.  If not, then only if your symptoms persist or return.  Good luck.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD