Urology/Pulsing Artery

Question
Last year I developed a long artery (I believe one of the radial arteries) that is located to the right of my dorsal vein. It has a HEAVY pulse and can be felt flaccid or erect. My biggest concern is that it is clogged because the artery feels hard like a string, is this possible?

Answer
Mike:

In medicine, almost anything is possible, but the arteries that deal with erection function are far below the skin and actually inside the erection bodies.  You should have your physician check it out to be sure, but if the erections are working OK I wouldn't worry about it.  

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD