Urology/Safe for sex

It's been about 2 1/2 months now since i had a scary injury to my most precious organ. I was squeezing my penis in the shower (much like the penis enlargement stuff on this forum) and I noticed my flaccid looked more plump when i did this. So 3 days in a row i stroked my shaft while squeezing. To my horror it resulted in 100% loss of erections and sensation...along with a nasty grey discoloration which my urologist said is hyper you know what that means?

its been 10 weeks and i have recently become involved with a female. when I'm aroused my erection is 100% hard and lasting, although my sensitivity and feeling is probably only 70% of what it should be i can also feel pleasure now. I know this because i have masturbated and it felt ok but i still ejaculated, orgasm has not been affected and seems perfectly normal.

I'm wondering at what stage is it usually safe to resume sexual activity after injuries to tissue or nerves or whatever i hurt? I have a working penis but i'm a little worried that intercourse would numb me again, i guess i don't know how sensitive nerves would be 2 1/2 months after squeezing them like i did. Is sex a high risk activity at this point?

Yes, I know what hyperpigmentation means.  It just means more color or darker appearance and is quite benign.

Whay you did is probably just squeeze the head which is a technique used to stop erections in patients with premature ejaculation.  Your anxiety about this is one possible cause of your current problems.  It sounds like the erections are working OK and it's doubtful that you caused any significant injury.  It would be extremely unlikely to cause permanent injury to the sensory nerves of the penis from a single episode of manual squeezing.  However, if you perceive an ongonig problem, contact your physician.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute