Urology/Sensation

Question
I've read on here, particularly in arthur goldsteins responses that it's impossible to permanently damage penis nerves from squeezing to hard only a couple times. Which is encouraging. I jelqed for a grand total of 15 minutes and three months later my penis still lacks sensation, is it pretty normal for nerves to take longer than 3 months to return to normal. How do penis nerves start working again after they are "stretched" or "bruised" from too much pressure. I can get hard but I can't really feel any pleasurable feeling anywhere other than the underside of my penis, but there has been improvement I don't know if that means I'm headed towards full recovery or not.

Also, is it relatively safe to have inter course 3 months after nerves still haven't recovered, I mean I'm able to with my erections I just haven't tried because I question the safety. If it helps I'm 18!

Answer
Jonathan:

I do not agree with Dr. Goldstein that it is impossible to damage penile nerves manually, but it would be exceedingly rare and difficult to do.  Most of the time, nerve injuries to the penis will heal but only very slowly taking up to 1-2 years to completely heal.  If the erections are working OK, then you can reasonably resume normal sexual function.  Please check with your local physicians first.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD