Urology/stinging and rash

Question
Hi Doctor,

I just had a quick question about some stinging at the tip of my penis and a rash behind my testicles. About a week ago I developed a rash behind my testicles after going to the gym, I figured that it must be jock itch so I've been gold bonding morning and night up until today because I was able to buy some cream.  The mornings after using the gold bond I would wake up if a drop of some type of off white discharge on the tip of my penis(the gold bond was applied all over my groin area), when I went to urinate it would sting a little. Since I have the cream I've stopped the gold bond but the stinging is still there when I don't urinate a large amount and towards the end of my urination. I am in a committed relationship so I'm pretty sure its not an STD but I'm planning to get tested just in case, should I be worried about the stinging still?

Answer
JP:

It isn't clear if the stinging at the tip of the penis is due to an infection or to what degree it may be related.  Persistent stinging indicates some residual inflammation.  It could also be a totally unrelated infection.  Since it is persisting, I would suggest you contact your local physician and have it checked.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD