Urology/over active bladder

Question
QUESTION: I have been struggling with over active bladder for about 7 months. I have taken a urodynamic test, CT scan, and urinalysis that all came back normal. I have tired vesicare but it doesn't seem to take away the pressure on the testicles.

My question is what can be the cause of pressure of the testicles? If there is an infection, wouldn't it show up on a urinalysis?

ANSWER: Ruben:

Not all infections will demonstrate an abnormal urine test.  I suspect you could have prostatitis which often has normal urine exams.  Ask your physician about this possibility.

QUESTION: I was wondering if there is a relationship between excessive sweating during exercise and over active bladder ?When I play basketball with my friends i sweat way more than everyone else. I was wondering if the excessive sweating and having an overactive bladder mean something. Can I have a sodium imbalance that is causing me to urinate often?

Answer
Ruben:

There is no known relationship between excessive sweating and overactive bladder.  It would be expected that increased fluid loss from sweating would reduce bladder activity.  A "sodium imbalance" is not a clear medical term, but a kidney problem could cause an increase of urine production and higher urine volume means urinating more often.  Again, talk to your physician or request a urology consult.  

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD