Urology/ejaculate volume

Question
Saw some old posts about clomid, etc to increase ejaculate volume. It IS a fact that many in the porn industry use clomid to increase volume. I have wanted to try it but of course cant get any legally. So supplements are my thing. I have found that a combo of swedish flower pollen, fenugreek, lecithin glandular extract, catuaba and evening primrose oil increase my loads a good bit. Would love to know if there are ANY perscription drugs used to treat or alter ejaculate volume? Also any other tips you might have on this issue. I simply do not understand the ability some people (and not just those in porn) have to propel seemingly fantastical amounts of ejaculate while i only blob out a very underaverage load even with all the supplements and eding/waiting....sorry this is so specific but have been obsessed with fixing this problem since college.

Answer
Rick:

There are anecdotal reports of clomid increasing volumes, but these are not consistent and it can theoretically just as easily decrease the volume.  Also, remember that you are taking a hormonal medication.  There a no specific drugs that increase volume although if you have retrograde ejaculation there are medications that can help.

There are not many studies on clomid (clomiphene) on ejaculate volume.  I've posted below one of them.

Arch Androl. 1993 Jul-Aug;31(1):43-8.
Effectiveness of antiestrogens in infertile men.
Breznik R, Borko E.
SourceGynecology Department, Maribor Teaching Hospital, Maribor, Slovenia.

Abstract
Eighty-nine oligozoospermic men, treated by clomiphene or tamoxifen or with no treatment at all, were evaluated during a 4-year follow-up period. Ejaculate volume, sperm concentration, and sperm motility were determined and concentrations of prolactin (PRL), estradiol, beta hCG, prostaglandin E2, zinc, and fructose were ascertained. Isoenzyme LDH-C4 activity and serum PRL and follicle stimulating hormone were also determined. During treatment there was only a minimum increase in sperm concentration. No improvement in sperm motility and no alteration in ejaculate volume were observed. The pregnancy rate was lower in the partners of patients receiving treatment (23.8%) than in the partners of those receiving none (29.6%). Statistically the difference is insignificant. After antiestrogen therapy, prolactin concentrations in serum decreased and zinc concentrations in seminal plasma increased. For the treatment of idiopathic oligozoospermia in infertile men, clomiphene and tamoxifen were ineffective medication.

PMID:8373285[PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]  

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD