Urology/gross hematuria but not in the first pee

Question
I have had red pee for 5 days now. No pain anywhere or other symptoms. It is present during the whole stream with the exception for the first pee in the morning. I am waiting to get an ultrasound but do you have any idea what this could be?

Answer
Sarah:

There are too many possibilities to be sure.  An ultrasound is a reasonable first step, but you really should be under the care of a urologist. The blood could be nothing or a minor infection.  However, it could also be something more serious like a stone or somte kind of tumor.  Best not to take a chance and go see a urologist.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD