Urology/pre-ejaculation fluid

Question
Dear Stephen,
Anytime my boyfriend and I are fore-playing, there is this water-like liquid that comes out of his penis before he ejaculates. its salty  it comes out in very small quantities. i want to know what it is that comes out of his dick looking like water n tasting salty. Again is it a normal occurrence in all males? and if it is not normal then what corrective measures will you suggest for him to take please?

Answer
Vera:

The fluid is quite normal.  Quantities will vary from one individual to another.  The fluid is called pre-ejaculate or pre-cum and it's designed to lubricate the urethra in preparation for ejacultion.  If the passage is already wet, there is less loss of even small amounts of sperm during ejaculation.  Since this is a normal finding, there is no corrective treatment needed.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD