I have a hard right dorsal artery that has a bounding pulse at all times. Am I screwed? I think this is the reason my glans won't expand.

Mike,  The dorsal artery of the penis is supposed to have pulsatile flow, which is true for arteries in general.  By bounding, that suggests forceful.  The dorsal arteries are a major blood supply to the glans penis and so I am not sure how you would think an artery with a prominent pulse would be associated with less blood flow to the glans.  Keep in mind that there is also a left dorsal artery and the dorsal arteries are not the only blood supply to the glans.  Unfortunately, I am given very limited information, I am unable to ask you questions the way I would if you were my patient, and I am unable to examine you.  If your real concern is erectile dysfunction, then of course the best approach would be to see a Urologist. Best of luck.

Joel Gelman, M.D.

Urethral Stricture Disease, Peyronie's Disease and disorders of penile curvature, Erectile Dysfunction with a focus on penile implant surgery, Male Incontinence, Hypospadias

Dr. Gelman is a Board Certified Fellowship Trained expert in Male Reconstructive Urology and the Director of the Center for Reconstructive Urology in the Department of Urology at UC, Irvine Medical Center.

American Urologic Association Society of GU Reconstructive Surgeons (Board of Directors) International Sexual Medicine Society Western Section, Americal Urological Association

Journal of Urology Urology Journal of Endourology

Residency in Urology, UCLA, completed 1995 Fellowship in GU Reconstruction, Devine Center, completed 1997

The Center for Reconstructive Urology is a regional, national, and international Tertiary Referral Center for urethral stricture disease, penile curvature, erectile dysfunction, male incontinence, and other surgical disorders of the male urethra and penis. Patients have travelled from 24 different states and other countries to receive care at the Center for Reconstructive Urology. More information can be found at http://www.centerforreconstructiveurology.org