Urology/Quick orgasims

My boyfriend and I have been sexually active for 6 months and the last 2 months he has climaxed quickly, within minutes. This is not normal for him but we do not know what could cause it to keep reoccurring. He eats pretty healthy and maintains a normal active daily routine. What could cause this?

Usually, this is an anxiety related issue.  It's a problem of control.  You can research it further by looking up "premature ejaculation". Treatment usually involves either sex therapy by a certified therapist or medications that delay ejaculation.  The meds work OK but don't cure the underlying problem.  Sex therapy can cure it, but takes more time and effort.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute