Urology/Scarring on shaft

Question
scar
scar  

abnormal skin
abnormal skin  
Hello Dr. Leslie!

I have a thin white, flap-shaped scar on the front of my penis. It is slightly raised and the skin adheres differently on either side of the scar (it adheres neatly below it and unnaturally/ripply above it). It's mostly located a bit underneath my circumcision scar, but it has kind of a "tail end" that turns up, crosses over my circumcision scar, and ends sort of near the glans as well.

I sort of suspect that I was operated on as a baby aside from my circumcision... just wondering, have you seen scars on the penis like this and what might be the cause of it?

If I was operated on, I'm afraid I'm having complications from that, because about a year ago I noticed a thin sort of... almost a pocket in the skin that when spread out looks very purple, fleshy and tender.... could the skin there be wearing down/eroding? I'm afraid of getting a fistula or something like that, and I have a lot of post-urination drip.

I do know I need to see a doctor for any sort of diagnosis, but before I do I'm just wondering if I'm just being silly here/imagining things, or concern is warranted?

Thank you so much!

Answer
William:

It's impossible to make an accurate or reliable diagnosis from just a picture, but your description does sound like scarring of the skin of the penis in this area possibly from your original circumcision.

Post voiding dribbling is common and usually controlled by pressing from the scrotum to the base of the penis after voiding to express the excess fluid.  It is unlikely to be related to your other problems but it's not impossible either.

You should probably consult a urologist and have your concerns resolved.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD