Urology/Size and pleasure

QUESTION: I'm a 22 year old male and my penis is 5.25 inches long and 4.5 inches in girth. I haven't had any complaints from previous partners but I do know a few of my ex's never orgasmed despite lots of stimulation if the clitoris and other foreplay. Are my dimensions average or below average based upon the amount of anatomy you have seen? And can a penis of this size provide an orgasm?

Thanks in advance

Your penis is within normal parameters and it is certainly large enough to produce female orgasms.

QUESTION: Two more brief questions for a follow-up. Is it possible for a mans penis to see any growth into their early twenties? Also, are circumcised penises any smaller than uncut members? Because I am circumcised and I personally feel very depressed about the size and width of my penis...I feel as if it is below average and that after a girl has been with me, surely the next man will be more well endowed.

Anything is possible, but additional substantial growth in the penis after 20 years of age would be unlikely.  There is no difference in size between circumcised and uncircumcised men.  Most men are concerned with the size of their penis so try to not to be so concerned about it.  Please avoid trying any jelking or other exercises trying to enlarge the penis.  They don't work and can often cause permanent damage.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute