Urology/Tamsulosin side effects

Question
Dear Doctor, I am taking Avodart and Tamsulosin already for more than a month and I am having strong flue like symptoms for more than a couple of weeks as sneeze, cough and so forth, which seems to be a side effect of Tamsulosin. Should I discontinue taking Tamsulosin or what do you advise me to do?

Answer
John:

It would be unlikely to have such symptoms from tamsulosin, but nothing in medicing is impossible.  You'll have to check with your physician to see about possibly stopping the medication temporarily.  You should never stop a prescription medication without checking with your physician first.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD