Urology/Umm...

Question
Hi, my penis seems to be curving to the left more and more and I'm starting to get very worried. I don't know if this is a problem or not. I masturbate daily and I use my left hand. Could this have something to do with it? Please help.

Answer
The most common cause of progressive curvature of the penis is a disease called Peyronie's Disease.  It is not that uncommon, and is generally not a problem unless the curvature progresses to the point of causing a functional impairment.  I do not think it is related to your daily use of your left hand, but certainly the penis can become injured by anything that causes a buckling injury of the penis.  You can learn more about penile curvature here:

http://www.centerforreconstructiveurology.org/peyronies-disease/

Urology

Joel Gelman, M.D.