Urology/urethra damage due to masturbation

I masturbated aggresively and I think I've damaged my urethra. I have been masturbating since long time and now whenever I urinate I feel very slight discomfort. Will it ever heal on its own? Or will I run on the risk of infection due to passage of urine? Can a urine test prove something? Whenever I finish pee I feel like a needle is poked in my urethra. But this feeling lasts for just 1 second and then it goes away. Please help. Should I go for a urine test? What if my urine test proves nothing like no blood, etc? Please help.

It is extremely difficult to significantly damage the urethra from masturbation.  The fact that you now feel some discomfort on urination suggests a urethritis or infection rather than trauma.  A urine test would be very helpful in determining the presence of an infection.  You should contact your local general or family physician.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute