Urology/Urine leakage after bowel movement.

Question
I'm a 30 year old male. After I use the bathroom it feels like urine is leaking. I'll look and see a spot on my underwear. I seem to leak worse after a bowel movement. My bowels are normal. No trouble with constipation. No frequent urinating or waking up at night to urinate. Though I do feel sometimes pressure in bladder. Was tested for UTI a while ago. Came back negative. I do feel like I have trouble passing gas at times. I did go for a physical blood and urine test. Everything came back fine. Any help would be appreciated. I was also diagnosed with IBS 3 years ago. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Answer
James:

You have post void dribbling, which is quite common.  The best way to deal with this is to press the small amount of urine out by putting your hand in front of the scrotum after you void and then pressing in while moving the hand forward.  This will push out a teaspoon or so of urine which will then not be able to cause spots on your underwear.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD