Urology/bleeding after ejaculation

I am a 51 year old male, less active because of MS. I have been experiencing a small amount of blood after I ejaculate but at no other time. I have just had a full physical within the last month and all testing was normal, including my PSA which was .02. I only noticed this after the physical and experience no pain or burning with the bleeding.

Blood mixed with semen is hematospermia and usually disappears by itself, like a nosebleed.  Blood after ejaculation suggests prostate issues like infectino (prostatitis).  Blood in the urine is something else. Check with your physician or consult a urologist to be sure.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute