Urology/blood clot during erection

Question
QUESTION: Hi, I had a problem since 2005 now ,I get large blood clot when I got an erection,I have done cystoscopy 5 times nothing found.I have done MRI scan 2 times again nothing found.when the blood clot , I can't passed urine. Help ,please.  

Jerome

ANSWER: Jerome:

Sorry, but if the MRI and the cystoscopies are normal it wouild be very difficult to identify the source.  A transrectal ultrasound might be of some help.

QUESTION: Do you think it can be a weak blood vessel who is breaking down each time?If yes how long does it take to cure?

Thanks.

Answer
Jerome:

It is impossible to say if there is a "weak blood vessel" that keeps breaking down.  This would be quite unusual and unlikely.  Since we don't have a clear idea of where the blood is coming from or any obvious pathology, it is not possible to indicate a healing time. Sorry.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD