Urology/Extreme Pain after ejaculation

Question
My boyfriend and I just finished having sex and after an intense ejaculation, he immediately started experiencing pain that he described as equivalent to "Blue-Balls" (Vasocongestion). He says the pain reaches all the way to his lower stomach. It has only been about a half an hour, now, but the pain is so severe, I am concerned about what it could be? Should he go to the doctor even if the pain goes away?

**Note: He was wearing a rubber type -excuse the term, please- "Cock-Ring" durring sex and ejaculation, if that makes a difference....

Answer
Vanessa:

As an online forum, we would never tell a patient NOT to go to an ER or see their physician.

For any unexplained and persistent pain, medical help should be sought.

He could just have reflux prostatitis which could be exacerbated by the "cock-ring".  This is one of the reasons we don't recommend such devices unless under physician supervision for a specific medical purpose.

He can try a hot sitz bath which sometimes helps with pelvic pain.  If it remains persistent and severe, then he should contact his physician or go to a local ER.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD