Urology/Happy

Question
QUESTION: Can you have VL and still be happy? I havent seen any examples, have you?

ANSWER: Mike:

I have no idea what "VL" is.  Please clarify.

QUESTION: Venous leak

ANSWER: Mike:

We don't typically abbreviate venous leak to VL so I didn't recognize it and there was no context.

Anyway, most patients with venous leak are treatable and as long as their response is adequate, the typically are satisfied.  Each case is handled differently depending on the degree of problem and responsiveness to therapy.

There is alot of anxiety and hysteria about venous leak when the reality is that it is one of several causes of erectile difficulties.  Since none are typically curable in the conventional sense, it makes little difference if a patient actually has venous leak or one of the other problems.  All that matters is the severity of the problem and the individual responsiveness of that patient to treatment.

QUESTION: Every story I read just depresses me, I've been trying to find some where people aren't totally depressed. Have any of your patients been able to maintain their mindset?

Answer
Mike:

I see plenty of patients with ED from various reasons and we can satisfy most as far as erection rigidity goes.  Some of them are depressed and sad for reasons having nothing to do with ED.  Others are unhappy that their treatments for erections are too expensive, take too long to work, etc.  But most are reasonably satisfied with the results of therapy.

Being "happy" is a mental issue, not a physical one.  

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD