You are here:

Urology/inflamed foreskin


hi Stephen

on Friday I lost my virginity I didn't have a full erection and didn't ejaculate but after my foreskin has become very imflamed and the base of the penis is tender and a bit painful. do you know if this is normal or if I need any cream of sorts ?

I was also wondering, this the second time ive went to have sex without a full erection. the first time I couldn't achieve on at all and this time it was half to 3/4 although the second time I was drunk and on ecstacy the first I was pretty sober.i think it maybe psychological but I wanted to know if you think Viagra would help the problem or if there was anything else I could do ?

thanks for your help

It certainly isn't normal.  The natuiral acidity of the vagina can e a bit irritating to the penis, but it doesn't usually cause any significant degree of pain or swelling.  You should check with your local physician to see if you need a cream, pill or combination.  For example, you could have a yeast infection.

You probably don't need viagra, but the alcohol and ecstacy are not going to help your performance.  If you continue to have problems, talk to your physician. I suspect you won't need any viagra.


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Stephen W. Leslie, MD


Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.


Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Awards and Honors
Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]