Urology/Kegels/pelvic muscle exercises

Question
Hi! I have been doing kegel exercises alot and when I tighten my muscles quite powerfully and hold it I get this kind of spasming/twitching feeling in my penis, it may come from the pelvic muscles I'm not sure. Does this sound serious and should I stop doing that? Can these lead to a venous leak in anyway?

Thanks alot.

Answer
Jake88:

This will not lead to a venous leak.  I'm not sure how the kegels are causing muscle spasms, but it suggests that there may be something about the way or intensity or duration of the Kegels that is possibly causing some muscular irritability and would recomend doing the Kegels less.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD