Urology/Kegels/pelvic muscle exercises

Hi! I have been doing kegel exercises alot and when I tighten my muscles quite powerfully and hold it I get this kind of spasming/twitching feeling in my penis, it may come from the pelvic muscles I'm not sure. Does this sound serious and should I stop doing that? Can these lead to a venous leak in anyway?

Thanks alot.

This will not lead to a venous leak.  I'm not sure how the kegels are causing muscle spasms, but it suggests that there may be something about the way or intensity or duration of the Kegels that is possibly causing some muscular irritability and would recomend doing the Kegels less.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute