Urology/penis size smaller?

Hi doctor! Can penis get smaller in anyway?
 After stopping ssri-medicines a year ago, my testosterone levels have been 13 nmol/l (february 2013) and 15nmol/l (may-june 2013) whereas before using it was over 20nmol/l. Is it possible that low testosterone levels can shorten the penis size? And if it does, will the penis size grow back to normal when testosterone levels are fixed?
 I also read somewhere that if you dont get erections regularly your penis might shrink. How often is regularly, if I get 1-2 erections in a week is that enough?
 I usually dont wake up with an erection (sometimes with a 50% erection), does this mean that I cant get any good (100%) nocturnal erections?      

Appreciate your answers!
- Tom

The penis does not typically grow or shrink with testosterone levels in adults.  Shrinkage can sometimes occur due to trauma, radiation, surgery and in some cases due to very low or castrate levels of testosterone.  If it occurs, it typically does not respond to replacement testosterone supplementation.

The penis will not shrink due to failure to achieve erections regularly.  Besides, it normally has nocturnal erections while you are asleep even if you don't otherwise notice any.

The fact that you don't notice any morning erections may or may not indicate a problem with nocturnal erections.

You may want to check with your local physician or consult a urologist for your issues.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute