Urology/penis size smaller?

Question
Hi doctor! Can penis get smaller in anyway?
 After stopping ssri-medicines a year ago, my testosterone levels have been 13 nmol/l (february 2013) and 15nmol/l (may-june 2013) whereas before using it was over 20nmol/l. Is it possible that low testosterone levels can shorten the penis size? And if it does, will the penis size grow back to normal when testosterone levels are fixed?
 I also read somewhere that if you dont get erections regularly your penis might shrink. How often is regularly, if I get 1-2 erections in a week is that enough?
 I usually dont wake up with an erection (sometimes with a 50% erection), does this mean that I cant get any good (100%) nocturnal erections?      

Appreciate your answers!
- Tom

Answer
Tom:
The penis does not typically grow or shrink with testosterone levels in adults.  Shrinkage can sometimes occur due to trauma, radiation, surgery and in some cases due to very low or castrate levels of testosterone.  If it occurs, it typically does not respond to replacement testosterone supplementation.

The penis will not shrink due to failure to achieve erections regularly.  Besides, it normally has nocturnal erections while you are asleep even if you don't otherwise notice any.

The fact that you don't notice any morning erections may or may not indicate a problem with nocturnal erections.

You may want to check with your local physician or consult a urologist for your issues.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD