Urology/prostatitis question

This may be a dumb question and i am pretty sure i know the answer from experience, but can a sudden increase in sexual activity cause prostatitis symptoms to appear?  I was diagnosed with prostatitis about a year or so ago and have not had any symptoms for the last 6 to 7 months until recently.  A few weeks ago i had a weekend that involved 6 ejaculations in about 48 hours with about 3 1/2 hours being erect during Foreplay etc.. Almost immediately following this i started getting testicular pain, pain in my anus, hemorrhoids, and occasional discomfort during urination. I am assuming that most likely the cause of the symptoms is the drastic increase in ejaculation in a short period of time is this very common? (Prior to this I usually ejaculated about 1 time per day on average) Does the prostate get irritated with overuse?
The symptoms are decreasing in discomfort and frequency slowly and I was wondering if there is anything you could recommend to help the process along.  I am considering going back to the urologist if the symptoms do not go away within the next few weeks but would like to avoid going back if possible.  Any advice would be appreciated

Prostatitis symptoms do not typically appear just from a sudden change in sexual activity, but it's not impossible either.

The prostate does not get "irritated" from overuse.

Help for the prostate would be hot sitz baths and avoidance of prostate irritating foods like caffeine, hot spices and alcohol.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute