Urology/Regular curves or peyronies?

Question
View 1
View 1  

View 2
View 2  
Hello. I'm just a little concerned with my penis here. I am an 18 year old male (uncircumcised) and when I get erections, my penis looks a little odd. When flaccid, it tends to curve to the left on its side. I don't know if my raphe (line that connects to frenlum or whatever) has anything to do with it. It kind of bends (view 2). It seems that the head of the penis and just under it is what the curve is. I'm not sure if the raphe is causing my head to curve to the left. When erected, to me it looks a little jagged or something at the bottom a little bit and then curves to the left more at the top. Note the bump on the right side at the top of the shaft. I doubt I have a case of phimosis or tight foreskin as I can easily retract my foreskin and it never feels tight or anything since I am able to maneuver it with ease. I always do some gentle stretching. I don't recall my penis being this way for most of my life. I never really noticed it, but I think this curvature began maybe two years ago, but I honestly am not sure. I would appreciate if you could answer:

1: Are these curves normal or is it a case or early case of peyronie's or something? I did some research and found out that pain is associated with peyronie's, but my erections feel fine. I'm not sure though.

2: Is the upwards curve in the side view where it bends upwards normal?

3: Is my penile raphe (line) fine?

4: Can these curves get worse?

5: Could I try gently stretching to correct the curve? I'm not looking to get surgery done unless it's very serious and is necessary.

6: Is this something I should see a urologist or anyone for?

I hope you could give me your opinion and put my mind to ease. Thank you so much in advance.

Answer
Hello,

A lot of your questions can be answered if you visit the following:

http://www.centerforreconstructiveurology.org/peyronies-disease/

I really can not provide you definitive answers or medical advice without being able to see and examine you.  However, it appears that what you may have is not Peyronie's Disease, but rather congenital penile curvature.  As men mature sexually (puberty), they notice their erections more as the penis achieves full size.  Congenital curvature is associated with a longer length due to a disproportionate development of the penis on one side compared to the other side.  Peyronie's is associated with scarring and shortening.  Peyronie's Disease, in general, is not a disease of men in their teens and twenties.  My best guess is that you have no significant curvature or other problems and are best managed with no treatment as no treatment is indicated when the curvature is very subtle and is in no way disabling.  However, it is always true that when a person wants the most definitive medical advice, the best way to do that is to be seen and examined.  Best of luck.

Urology

Joel Gelman, M.D.