Urology/Pain near bladder

Question
Hi the other day my doctor told me to increase my fluids more then what I have been drinking. This was because I am in a POTS attack. Which stands for Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome. So I have increased my fluids. Now since I have done this when I go to pee while I am peeing near my bladder hurts really bad. Is their something that I can do to make it not hurt as bad. I am also having a video urodynamics done at the end of this month. My doctor thinks that I have two sphincters. He said their are two muscles he feels that one is pushing and the other one is restraining. He says this is common in young men now a days and they usually use Rapaflo which I was on and that worked for a few months and that was it. So he said the next thing is usually surgery.  I think what I just said is what he said or close to it. I may be off on some things. Thanks.

Answer
Sean:

It is unclear why you are having bladder pain so it is therefore impossible to recommend a treatment.  Males do have 2 sphincters.  They usually do work together but it's possible to have them screwed up and not working together.  Rapaflo can help but it's not a cure.

You need to see a good urologist to sort out just what is causing the pain: inflammation, infection, scarring, spasm or whatever.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD