Urology/Something stuck/tingling in urethra/Frequent urination?

Hi, I am Kyle, 27 years old from Atlanta GA.

Ever since I started masturbating (ages ago) - If i masturbate and pee, then I have a burning sensation in the pee that time. I think thats normal cuz I have never had any discomfort later on after the burning sensation usually goes away in 5 mins..

However, last night I masturbated and then felt the urge to pee (it doesnt always happen). This time round, I have a tingling sensation in me urethra and its a feeling like something some drops are left behind - like something is still in there. It has been close to 24 hrs now... it tingles sometimes, sometimes its fine, sometimes just a lil itchy or so I may be feeling that its itchy, but I am feeling something is stuck there. It makes me want to pee repeatedly thinking it will clear out my Urethra...

Its playin on my mind and I have become very uncomfortable. There are no other problems in that region of what I know off.

Will some1 please throw some light on this and help put my mind at ease- I kept diagnozing myself last night and lost a lot of sleep and I am super uncomfortable even right now...

Also, if these are related - Recently, after a hiatus of two years I am sexually active again, but she has checked out clean and I am going to get myself tested for STD's soon  - although these symptoms are none like what the symptoms of STD's would be - from what I have read online...

Any help.. any.. will be greatly appreciated. I am really worried........ :-(

It's extremely unlikely that there is actually something "stuck" the way you've described.  An STD is possible but also unlikely.  You should check with a local physician or consult a urologist to sort out your problem.  Prostatitis or urethritis are possibilities.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute