Urology/Venous leak.

Hi, I'm 25 year old male. I want to ask something about venous leak. I'm under the impression that when you have venous leak you can't keep your erection even if you are still aroused/excited?
I think I have this problem that I can't keep my erection so good, because I somehow lose my arousal and excitement pretty quickly and thats why my erection goes down. I can preserve the erection and arousal better with manual stimulation and I once timed it (when I manually stimulated and was sitting) I stayed erect 5-7 minutes before I stopped.
Does it sound that I might have a venous leak?

Ps. Can post-ssri sexual dysfunction cause this? I think that I can hold erections better when sitting or lying down opposed to standing, is this anyway related with venous leak?

Thank you!

It doesn't sound like you have venous leak.  SSRI meds typically cause ejaculation problems although erection troubles can also occur.  If you are or were taking SSRI meds, these are indicated for depression and depression can cause ED problems.

Don't worry or focus on venous leak.  If there is a sexual problem, talk to your physician about it so the problem can be overcome.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute