Urology/Venous leak.

Question
Hi, I'm 25 year old male. I want to ask something about venous leak. I'm under the impression that when you have venous leak you can't keep your erection even if you are still aroused/excited?
I think I have this problem that I can't keep my erection so good, because I somehow lose my arousal and excitement pretty quickly and thats why my erection goes down. I can preserve the erection and arousal better with manual stimulation and I once timed it (when I manually stimulated and was sitting) I stayed erect 5-7 minutes before I stopped.
Does it sound that I might have a venous leak?

Ps. Can post-ssri sexual dysfunction cause this? I think that I can hold erections better when sitting or lying down opposed to standing, is this anyway related with venous leak?

Thank you!

Answer
Tom:

It doesn't sound like you have venous leak.  SSRI meds typically cause ejaculation problems although erection troubles can also occur.  If you are or were taking SSRI meds, these are indicated for depression and depression can cause ED problems.

Don't worry or focus on venous leak.  If there is a sexual problem, talk to your physician about it so the problem can be overcome.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD