I am 55. I find myself going to bathroom for number one and two more often lately.
My stream is weak and dribbles. There is also a feeling of slight tightness where my bladder would be. These symtoms are worse after consuming alcohol.
I did have a recent full checkup and my bladder was not enlarged, but I did have a bladder infection last year.
Is this just old age, or something to be concerned about?

It may be related to age and the normal enlargement of the prostate that happens about then.  Talk to your regular physician or consult a urologist to look into this further for you.  Most likely, you may need a pill to treat the weak stream and prevent bladder deterioration in the future.  The fact that you had a bladder infection, which is uncommon in males, suggests a significant problem that should not be ignored.  We have several medications designed specifically to treat a weakened urinary stream and prevent bladder damage.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute