Urology/pain in penis

I have been having discomfort and some pain upon erection. There has been a feeling of constricture near the base on the top side. There is also some curvature, but I don't know how abnormal it is. Recently I had a urology exam where the doctor squeezed my flaccid penis hard and I felt a sudden increase in pain.  Since then my penis has been sore even while flaccid.  Today I went for a second opinion, told the doctor about the first experience, and he proceeded to do the same test, applying pressure to the tender areas even though I told him it hurt.  Now I'm even more sore and not sure what to do. There is also more pain upon ejaculation. I don't have anything detectable on exam that would indicate peyronies, like a nodule, but the pain is far worse than was prior to the examinations.

It is extremely unlikely that the examinations caused any significant damage.  Peyronie's disease is by far the most likely cause of your symptoms.  I can only suggest an examination by a urologist at a tertiary care university center where they can give you some better answers.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute