Urology/Penis pain etc..

I recently squeezed my penis from the sides quite softly when I was erect cause I was trying to figure out actually how hard my penis was. Near the glans area this caused some sharp pain that passed after a second. I was wondering if I squeezed accidentally some veins or something. Does this sound serious at all? Could I've damaged my veins to a venous leak etc.?
 Other thing, I have experienced some tenderness at left underside my penis and also somewhat upperside, this tenderness only feels when I touch the penis. Could prostatitis cause this or does it sound something serious?

PS. How likely do you think that light/moderate force jelging could cause some damage to penis ex. venous leak?

Thank you!

Jack, squeezing your penis will NOT damage the veins, cause a venous leak,  or do any serious damage.  You probably just suffered a mild bruise which is of no consequence.  The  "tenderness at left underside" of your  penis is very unlikely due to prostatitis.  Again, it is highly unlikely this is serious the mostly likely cause being bruising.  If it persists, consultation with a urologist is suggested.  With regard to jelquing, I am opposed to the technique as it can produce significant deleterious complications.  To follow is something I have written on this topic that will explain this further.

On the internet there are many questionable medically substantiated claims of improving penile size & performance by a variety of techniques and gadgets.  This would include stretching, vacuum erection devices, massage, jelqing, andropenis, penis extenders, etc.   These techniques may over time add perhaps at most 2 cm.(less than one inch) of penile length.   However, I have received many reports on this site of complications such as erectile difficulty, burning and numbness of the penile tissues (due to damage to penile sensory nerves) , bruising, swelling & local discomfort from such practices, especially from jelquing.  In addition, there are many anecdotal reports of venous leak occurring in individuals who jelq, especially if done with an erect penis.  Therefore, if one decides to jelq, it should only be done in the flaccid state.   These side effects are due to penile injury & in most instances clear on their own as long as the  technique is discontinued.  However, resolution may take just a few days for bruising but months for the numbness (up to one year).   However, if a  venous leak occurs it may not be reversible

“Normal” penile size is a common question.  The majority of men believe they were "short-changed".   When looking down at one’s penis from above, because of the perspective, the phallus appear shorter than it’s true size.  The average flaccid penis is 3.5-4 inches long, when stretched 4.5-5 inches and erect 5-6 inches in length. The average circumference flaccid is 3.5-4 inches and when erect 4.5-5 inches.  These statistics apply to 95% of men.   Interestingly, there is no direct correlation between the size of the flaccid and erect penis.

My best advise for men is to learn how to use what you were naturally endowed with to the maximum.  There are many excellent books available on how to become a terrific lover almost regardless of penile size.  You might consider consulting a urologist if for no other reason than reassurance about your probable  normality.  If  one is truly excessively small, there are operations available to increase the size of the penis. However,  there are significant potential surgical complications.  Because of this, the American Urological Association does not recommend this type of surgery be done routinely.  It is best reserved for the most extreme cases of penile deficiency   Good  luck.

Arthur Goldstein, M.D.

Problems or questions related to the field of urology; ie urinary stone disease, urinary cancers (kidney, bladder, prostate, testis, etc.), urinary infections, etc. I no longer answer questions related to erection problems or male sexual dysfunction.

I am retired from the active practice of urology. My 34 years was totally in the clinical field and involved the entire gamut of genitourinary problems, with special interest in endourology.

American Medical Association, American Urological Association, American College of Surgeons

College degree - BS Medical degree - MD Master of Science - MS