Urology/Serum Creatinine Level

Question
Respected Sir,
         I am 66(Male),Indian. In a routine check up(No abnormality of any kind)my Serum Creatinine level was found to be 1.64 mg/dl(higher) and my Serum Urea was 23.50 mg/dl.What is the implication ,what precaution and medicine I should take.
    I am taking Blood pressure Medicines (Attenolol-25)and Losartan-25 one each daily to control my BP.Also I take Statin-5 mg and Fenofibrate-60 mg daily one tablet to control my lipid profiles.I walk a lot and do regularly exercise.
        Please advise

Answer
Kaylan:

A slightly elevated creatinine is not unusual in men in your age group.  Creatinine is a measurement of kidney filtering function.  The slight elevation noted is most likely due to age and your blood pressure.

There is no specific medication for an elevated creatinine. Just take your blood pressure meds regularly and drink plenty of fluids.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD