Urology/Thrombosis?

Question
POV
POV  
I have these small vein/vessels that protrude right below the glans on the top side of the shaft.  They are more visible when erect.  They do not hurt and are very soft, almost like bubbles.  I read on another forum that this might be thrombosis of a vessel and wanted to confirm.  Also, I am uncircumcised and they are located right where my foreskin connects to the shaft and was wondering if that made them more visible or if being uncircumcised made me prone to thrombosis in this specific area.

I masturbate daily and was wondering if this is the cause or if I should see a doctor.

Thanks,
Mike

Answer
Mike:

The prominent superficial veins are unlikely to be thrombosed and are probably just normal veins.  Even if they were thrombosed, the recommended treatment is to leave them alone.

If they are not red, sore or painful, then you can reasonably wait until your next scheduled checkup and have your physician double check.  If they seem to be getting worse or become painful, have them checked sooner.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD