Urology/ED

Question
Just recently it's been difficult for me to get an erection. At first I thought it was mental. Then I noticed that my right testicle is positioned higher up (closer to my body), and sticking out a little as if something was trying to pull it in. Then I started feeling discomfort in my lower abdomen and I noticed that the base of my penis is tight (internally constricted). How do I fix this?

Answer
Josh:

It may not need any fixing, but you should probably have this checked.  I'm not sure what you mean by the base of the penis being "tight".  It's possible this could be early Peyronie's disease.  Discomfort in the lower abdomen can be several different disorders.  A testicle that is pulling up is relatively common.  This could represent a retractile testicle, for example.  If so, we don't usually treat this unless the feeling it causes is uncomfortable.

Check with your primary local physician for individual and specific advice.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD