Urology/Erection

Question
Hello doctor i'm a 35 y old male from Rome Italy since 1 year i'm not able to get erection by mind command when i think a girl as in past i get it only if i sleep or mastrubation induce it but i get them like a teen ager when i sleep my psa is of a 18 20 y old as my looks so even if i don't have tyroid and left testicle as i had cancer non seminoma psa is perfect therapist told me is psychological that i'm overcoming some issues in my life in january 2011 they told me i got prostate sligly iflamed to a side lef i think but they say my case is just psychological as i get super erections when i sleep or masturbate but when i try think of getting hard on command on girl i like i can barely do it anymore as before like last year for example but i have sexual insecurity's since kid for abuse i had and bully dad that i feel less to other males i'm solving in counseling i all ways was not able to get hard with girls in sex in real life and barely on cam  even at 15 so they say is all psychological that i'm overcoming ct scan shows prostate in the limits even if i suffer of over masturbation since kid btw vegan diet and krill oil helping me much to deflame it i reduced to once in a while now to mastrubate do you also think is all psychological my issue as my psychiatrist and counselour say  as also all sperm and urine uretra test are clean no infection ?

Answer
Luca:

From your description, it sounds like your problem is probably psychological in nature.  If there were a significant physical problem, then you would not be seeing any erections either asleep or awake and you've indicated a fair number of potential psychological issues which could certainly cause problems.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD