Urology/Erythrocytes in urine

Question
Hello, I am 44 year old male and I go to the VA Hospital.  The other day I had some lab work done and this included a urine sample.  I got a letter from my doctor stating I needed to make an appointment to see her because some of my labs where off (she included a copy of the lab work).  I made the appointment which will be on February 4th (It can be difficult to get in to the VA).  One of my labs that was abnormal stated:  ERYTHROCYTES   30-40 High
So I understand this means I have blood in my urine which I have had a small amount before.  they did a uroscopy and found nothing.  So my question for you is what could be causing it to get worse and what will they be looking at this time.  It is very scary

Answer
John:

Most of the time, we don't find a specific cause for the blood.  But we need to check because of the risk of stones, tumors and cancers.  Without a specific known cause, it's obviously impossible to determine why it is getting worse.  Check with your urologist and follow his advice.  Remember, better to be safe than sorry!  

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD