Urology/heat pad on penis

Question
QUESTION: sir
i would like to know if using an electric heat pad on the penis
would cause nerve damage or any other internal damage to the penis
kind reards
michael

ANSWER: Michael:

Using a heating pad on the penis is potentially quite dangerous.  Not only could you burn the skin, but you could easily affect the nerves and blood vessels inside.  Please don't do it.

QUESTION: i did,unfortunaly.
i did not burn the skin.
but now i cant get erect.
is the damage permanent?

ANSWER: Michael:

Impossible to determine how bad damage might be.  Most of the time, the erections do recover.  I suggest you consult with a local urologist.

QUESTION: dear sir
thank goodness my erections have returned.
quite a scare.
do you think i should go to a uro for a control?
will taking arginine help for faster healing or not worth it?
or even gingko bilbao .i have heard its good for blood flow.
or should i let nature contiue with the healing.
i am 46   in good health.
kind regards

Answer
Michael:

No clear evidence that arginine will help, but it's also unlikely to hurt.

No evidence that gingko will help either.  If things are getting better on their own, better to leave it alone.

If recovery is complete, I see no urgent need to consult urology but remember that urological consults can take days or weeks to get.  Better to make an appointment and not need it than otherwise.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD