Urology/herbs taken together

i would like your opinion on panex ginseng
gingko bilboa and l arginine.
taking them together for erectile boost.
is it dangerous.?could they cause prolounged  erection?
wich would cause ed.
i am 46 .
taking no medication,and in good health apart from being a bit
kind regards

Michael, the 3 natural products that you mention have been tried to improve erectile quality.  However, although there are anecdotal reports of occasional benefit, there is no properly conducted medical studies that I am aware of, that demonstrate significant benefit over placebo.  All such  natural substances have potential side effects, both in themselves and in interacting with other natural substances plus with any other traditional medications one is taking.  Therefore, I do not recommend them for my patients.  I am not aware of any of these herbal remedies causing prolonged erections either by themselves or in combination.  Good luck.

Arthur Goldstein, M.D.

Problems or questions related to the field of urology; ie urinary stone disease, urinary cancers (kidney, bladder, prostate, testis, etc.), urinary infections, etc. I no longer answer questions related to erection problems or male sexual dysfunction.

I am retired from the active practice of urology. My 34 years was totally in the clinical field and involved the entire gamut of genitourinary problems, with special interest in endourology.

American Medical Association, American Urological Association, American College of Surgeons

College degree - BS Medical degree - MD Master of Science - MS