After a sexual experience I started feeling pain in my penis. I assumed the worst. I got all types of STD tests done which all came back negative and got an antibiotic. Pain returned but to lesser degree so went to urologist. He put scope in me and says it looked fine and he gave me a different antibiotic. There has never been any redness on penis or difficulty urinating. A bit uncomfortable ejaculating however but no difficulty becoming erect. At this point it is unclear medically what could be causing me pain. It occured to me that it might be bleech. I had been  bleeching my socks and underwear for at least a couple months  now. Just bleech and detergent. Afterwards my underwear still somewhat smelled of  bleech. Maybe my penis was sensitive to it? No real external redness  but maybe that could be the issue? pain at least seems internal near tip. Could bleeched clothes have this effect?

It's almost certainly not the bleach.  The most common cause of penile pain is prostatitis which is why you were put on the antibiotic.  Pain near the tip of the penis is often generated by a prostate issue since the nerves merge together.

Typical treatments for prostatitis include the following:

Avoid caffeine which irritates the prostate and bladder.
Hot sitz baths.  Sitting in very hot tub for 10 minutes really seems to reduce pelvic pain, inflammation and discomfort.  We recommend twice or even three times a day for severe cases, but at least once a day for most prostatitis patients.
Avoid hot spices which tend to irritate the prostate.
Avoid sitting on hard surface; use an inflatable donut to spread the pressure away from the prostate.
Use NSAIDs like ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil) or naprosyn (Aleve) to help reduce discomfort and inflammation.
Antibiotics as prescribed by your physician.
Alpha blocker medications such as tamsulosin and alfuzosin, will help relax muscle tension in the prostate.
Avoid high potassium foods that some people can be sensitive to.
Less alcohol and smoking.
Use quercetin which is a natural anti-inflammatory herbal supplement that has been shown to help reduce inflammation in the prostate.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute