I did semen culture. It says skin flora has produced. My doctor said it is normal but i am still worrying about it. The reason I asked semen culture is my semen is yellow last 5 years and it smells, too. Do I need to worry about it?

I am 25 years old and single. I am also a skinny guy, have fatigue problem. I did check-up twice and my potassium was 5.7 and 5.5.

Skin flora is indeed normal in most specimens as the skin bacteria enter as the semen is being expressed from the penis and from contamination with the skin on the collection system.  Yellow is not an abnormal semen color and odor is usually related to diet and/or medications and is not considered an abnormal disorder.

QUESTION: Hi Stephen,

In addition the yellow semen, I have problems with my pee, like sometimes it is bright orange or dark yellow. While I am peeing, it stops and starts again and again. After the ejaculation, I feel like a little pain/like burning at my urinary track, close to the head of my penis. My blood and urine tests were normal, too. Also, I have fatigue problem. My thyroid values are also fine.

I am a 25 years old single boy. I masturbate 1-2 times in a week.

-Do I have a kind of prostate? What do you recommend to me?
-Do you think home test kits are reliable? (because  I need to wait 5-6 months to see doctor where I am living.)
-Also, is there any problem with having sex? I may marry soon.

Thank you for your answer last time,
Have a great day,

We don't give specific or individual treatment advice on this forum; just answer general questions.  In general, when there is a urination issue such as intermittency, it could be from blockage of some kind or a bladder muscle issue.

I don't see where a home test kit can help solve this problem for you.

Only your personal physician can give you a diagnosis and recommend treatment.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute