Urology/Soft squishy lump

I've had a soft squishy lump on the side of my penis (about mid shaft) that is more visible when flaccid but as i get erect it is hardly visible. I'm 19 and have had this since i started puberty (i think) and it has never really bothered me in any way as i have been able to get erections easily and it hasn't really caused any pain (only slight when flaccid, about 1/10 on scale), i went to my GP today and he said that it wasn't peyronies as there is no bend and is a soft lump not a hard plaque, but i also doubt it is lymphocele as it is no where near the head of my penis and i think i have had this since puberty.

Obviously I can't be sure what this is from only your description, but I suspect it's just an enlarged vein.  These superficial veins in the penis can sometimes make a curve or develop a kink and can appear as you've described.  If they are deep enough, they may not appear as an obvious vein.  If you are concerned, check with a local urologist for a definitive answer.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute