Urology/Soft squishy lump

Question

I've had a soft squishy lump on the side of my penis (about mid shaft) that is more visible when flaccid but as i get erect it is hardly visible. I'm 19 and have had this since i started puberty (i think) and it has never really bothered me in any way as i have been able to get erections easily and it hasn't really caused any pain (only slight when flaccid, about 1/10 on scale), i went to my GP today and he said that it wasn't peyronies as there is no bend and is a soft lump not a hard plaque, but i also doubt it is lymphocele as it is no where near the head of my penis and i think i have had this since puberty.
Thanks,
Greg.

Answer
Greg:

Obviously I can't be sure what this is from only your description, but I suspect it's just an enlarged vein.  These superficial veins in the penis can sometimes make a curve or develop a kink and can appear as you've described.  If they are deep enough, they may not appear as an obvious vein.  If you are concerned, check with a local urologist for a definitive answer.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD