Urology/Swelling of penis

Question
Dr.

My penis has been swollen for about 6 months. Saw a urologist and he said don't worry. But here is my question , can use of a pain killer used on a child's teeth when  applied to the penis to delay orgasm cause a swelling in the penis. It's worrying me because it is strange, also the skin appears to be a little thicker, a little. Can you help if so thanks.

Answer
Frank:

First, you should not be using any pain killer designed for use on other parts of the body on the penis.  This can cause irritation and an allergic response which might account for the swelling you've noted.  There are specific treatments for premature ejaculation which your urologist can help you with.  Meanwhile, immediately stop using any medication on the penis that is not specifically prescribed by your physician.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD