Urology/Swelling of penis

My penis has been swollen for about 6 months. Saw a urologist and he said don't worry. But here is my question , can use of a pain killer used on a child's teeth when  applied to the penis to delay orgasm cause a swelling in the penis. It's worrying me because it is strange, also the skin appears to be a little thicker, a little. Can you help if so thanks.

First, you should not be using any pain killer designed for use on other parts of the body on the penis.  This can cause irritation and an allergic response which might account for the swelling you've noted.  There are specific treatments for premature ejaculation which your urologist can help you with.  Meanwhile, immediately stop using any medication on the penis that is not specifically prescribed by your physician.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute