Urology/trouble getting and maintaining erection

Question
I am 67 and retired. Two weeks ago I was lifting weights at the gym and felt pain in my lower left back and left testicle and didn't give it much thought. A couple of days later i was having morning sex with my wife and found that i couldn't maintain an erection I had never experienced this before. Since then i have been unable to get a hard erection or maintain the partial ones I do get. I do a lot of biking and have noticed(over the pass year or two) that while biking i have experienced numbness in my penis and testicle. i am a little concerned and would like to know if this is something that will correct it's self or is it something that may require medical attention.

Answer
Terry:

I doubt that lifting weights made much of a difference, but it is theoretically possible that this might have affected your sexual ability.  We know that bicycle riding does cause problems with the nerves to the penis and blood flow.

There is no way to predict if this will correct over time or not.  For now, avoid the bicycle riding and give it some time.  If the problem persists, contact your local physician or consult urology.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD