Urology/Urine pain due to masturbation

Hey doctor,
     I am facing inflammation and burning sensation due to masturbating too much. This burning and inflammation starts during and after urination and lasts long. I strongly believe that I have damaged my urethra due to masturbating too much. One more thing, I have given urine sample and will get report tomorrow. I will definitely share the report with you so you can give me clear answer. I don't think that I have any UTI. BUT my main question is that can I still get infection by simple urine if I have no infection? I've heard that new research says that urine is not sterile, and it made me afraid that I may get some infection in penis due to urethral injury. Will I still get infection if I have no UTI because of simple urine? Will burning and inflammation sensation go away and heal itself if it is due to trauma by masturbation? Kindly answer my these two questions as I am worried. Thank you very much doctor.

First, masturbation does not cause inflammation or burning and does not damage the urethra.

You could have an infection such as prostatitis or urethritis.  I am not aware of any research suggesting that urine is not sterile.

It may be technically possible to have an infection even with a normal urinalysis, but this would usually involve prostatitis where urine samples often do not show any infection.

You should contact your local physician or consult with a urologist for a proper diagnosis and treatment. Obviously, the prognosis and how quickly you will recover depend on the exact diagnosis and how quickly appropriate treatment is introduced.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute