Urology/Vasectomy

Question
I'm trying to avoid ending up on the Maury Povich show.  I got a vasectomy approximately a year and a half ago.  Following the vasectomy, I provided two specimens a few weeks apart from each other.  The first specimen still contained sperm.  After the second specimen, I was told I was in the clear and could rely on my vasectomy as sperm was not detected.  Fast forward, a couple days ago, my girlfriend tells me she is pregnant.  She is very aware I had a vasectomy a year and a half ago.  Come to find out, she was on a medication called Clomid that stimulates ovulation (I was under the impression it was for her kidneys).  So today, I go submit another sample to my urologist office and they came back and told me, I was still in the clear and could rely on my vasectomy.  

So my question...is it possible at all for 1) sperm to periodically make it through even though I was told before and after that I was in the clear, 2) for the vasectomy to somehow reverse where I am fertile and then reverse again where I'm not fertile without any type of procedure or surgery inbetween.  

Thank you for your time.

Answer
Shaun:

Well, in medicine almost anything is possible so it might technically be an extremely remote possibility, but realistically there is no reasonable way you could be the biological father of her child with a negative sperm count before and after.

There is no renal indication for clomid.  It is used exclusively to increase fertility.  It has no other purpose.  Sorry.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD