Urology/Blood in pee and semen when erection or heavy llifting

Question
I am 42 years old male. For more than 15 years I've been experiencing blood in my pee and semen after I have an erection or I do heavy lifting. It is not all the time though. I also have discomfort and pain in the area. Firts time I pee is bright red, second time is clear, no blood. Couple of years ago I was referred to the specialist and had some tests done, ultrasound, cystoscopy, blood tests, etc, and they gave me the all clear for cancer. But I still having the condition. I am really frustrated and depressed as I don't know what I have or what to do?

Thanks.

Answer
Charles:

Sometimes we just can't find the cause.  Most of the time, blood in the semen is pretty harmless, but blood in the urine is something we like to look into.  Even though you had a complete negative evaluation in the past, its been some time and you should again consult your urologist to determine if repeating the workup is warranted.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD